Saturday 23 January 2010

Weekends In

Well, I've had to cancel all my plans this weekend because of a throat infection that's threatening to take over!!

What was going to be a hard weekends partying has turned into something of a sofa/food fest. I don't want to think about the sheer quantity of bread I've consumed today.

Last night I was almost convinced that the throat infection had made a comeback. I'd felt dodgy at work, but was going out with Oggers to a play that her mate was in, so I figured, couple of pints of medicinal Guinness (don't laugh) won't do any harm.

By the end of the evening my throat was on fire and all I wanted to do was sleep, this was 10pm.

By the by, the theatre was very good. I didn't know what to think given that it was fringe theatre, and youth fringe theatre at that. The actors were all much better than I expected, although I'm not sure what I expected, and Rachel was excellent in her roles, especially Esme the goth.

Anywhoo, I wrapped myself up last night, took 3 paracetamol (gasp) and dove into bed. When I woke up this morning I was incredibly grateful to find that my glands hadn't swollen up to give me something of the grumpy hamster look. Still, I'm playing it smart and not leaving the house unless I have to hunt (shop) for food.

Despite my self-imposed house arrest, I don't feel like a slovenly moo who's done nothing but eat all day. I had to finish cleaning my room for a viewing earlier today. I took some pics that I have to work into a post of some sort for you, it'll be the only time anyone ever sees it that tidy!! I have to show the world the proof! I've also done a little mindmap of SE Asia finances for my trip.

AND!!! I've finally completed Day 4 of the Barcelona Diaries over on Fly Away With Me. What a treat!

I know this post hasn't been much of a treat, but forgive me, I'm ill and brain haz a not working properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment