Wednesday 20 May 2009

Huzzah!! and Genghis Khan

The Wilerf cured my bloggage!! Thank dog for mates who know how to use the compootah. Thank you Wilerf.

Now, I'm pretty sure all the colours won't be right, but I tried me best, if it looks a bit different then apologies! :o)



I finished the last in the Conqueror series by Conn Iggulden yesterday. I can't even describe how awesome these books are. If you're into historical narrative then PLEASE read these books. He's also written the Emperor series, all about the life of Julius Caeser, and is planning on 2 more books to follow Conqueror, about Genghis's grandson Kublai Khan. Iggulden himself admits that in places he sacrifices a degree of historical accuracy for the sake of the narrative, but I promise it will transport you back hundreds of years, you'll feel like you're there among the characters. My favourite writer for sure. Ah, gush over now....I want to marry him, 'Tell me more stories Conn.....Oh I DO love you'



Comedy tonight, Oggers is on, we'll see if it goes live this time, the last time we were there it got cancelled due to Oggers and myself being the only 2 audience members. It ended badly with us getting uber drunk and suggesting an ill-advised threesome with a poor sober comedian. Still, I'm sure he can use us as material now.

No comments:

Post a Comment